Saturday, March 10, 2007

Full Flight to Denver

ImageChef.com - Create custom images Do not fly into California via the San Jose airport again if you can possibly help it.

I thought the flight times were a little more convenient, and the cost was a little lower. And it wasn’t too bad flying into San Jose from Denver. But the dinky United gates in San Jose on my return trip were extraordinarily crowded, and boarding the airplane involved climbing stairs up to the airplane door lugging my beloved computer.

The flight was delayed and there were too many stressed out people waiting already in the small gate area, so it was literally a case where there was no room to breathe and no place to put myself that wasn’t somehow in somebody else’s way.

“Oh my Grace I’ve got no hiding place…” Paul Simon

Center seats both to and from my destination didn’t help matters. It is interesting how many airline passengers view both armrests as undeniably theirs. When you end up in a center seat between two big guys, this can be problematic.

After a long but reasonably productive week in Dublin, I just wanted to get home last night, and it was harder than it had to be. But the pleasure of eating the tasty beef stew Mark had cooked to welcome me home and of sleeping in my own comfortable bed again made up for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is funny!!!